Saturday 22 March 2014

Lingerie and selfies


It is quite astounding to see how much money has been generated this week for charity. Last night I watched some of the sports releif  programme on the BBC. 

It was very humbling to see so many people prepared to give so much time and effort to help others. 

This week many females have been posting pictures of themselves on social media taken without themselves with makeup on.  The 'selfie' picture is now responsible for several charities raising a large amount of money very quickly.  I have posted my own 'selfie' picture on my Facebook page and donated £3 to Cancer Research, as have many of my friends and relatives. 

Today I was out hunting for a special sort of underwear for my daughter to wear under her very beautiful prom dress. 

The school that she attends holds their Spring Ball at the end of April. 

We visited  Mirari Lingerie, which is a small shop in the Antelope walk in Dorchester. We found exactly what we were looking for and the staff were extremely helpful. 

This shop, despite it's small premises has a wonderful range of Lingerie, swimwear and some mens underwear also. 

I learned that they also sell underwear for ladies that have had breast surgery. I would imagine shopping for this type of garment must be particularly difficult, it is good to know that there is a  good local shop, with sensitive staff in Dorchester. 

I have previously written about the Fortuneswell Cancer Trust

If you want to donate to Cancer Research or the Fortuneswell Cancer Trust,  you can do it without putting a picture of yourself on the internet, but this small gesture helps to remind many of us how many people are affected by cancer, and how sometimes a simple act can result in a massive contribution.


Link to Cancer Research web page





No comments:

Post a Comment